Kyoto International Manga Museum
Boasting a 200-meter long bookshelf filled with over 50000 books of manga comics published since the 1970s, this is a museum for diehard manga fans. Located at the refurbished former Tatsuike Elementary School, the museum hosts permanent and special exhibits in addition to workshops and events. Before leaving, remember to check out the comic and anime goods available at the museum shop.
- Karasuma Oike, Nakagyo Ward, Kyoto City, Kyoto Prefecture (the former Tatsuike Elementary School)
- Opening hours
- 10:00 ~ 18:00 (Last entry 17:30)
- Every Wednesday (postponed to the following day if Wednesday is a public holiday)
- Admission fee
- Adults 800 yen, Junior High Students 300 yen, Elementary School Students 100 yen
- Official Site
- Official Social Media Accounts
Sightseeing Spot in This Area
Jointly founded by Kyoto City and Kyoto Seika University, the Kyoto International Manga Museum co-hosts Kyoto International Manga Anime Fair with Kyoto city every year, taking the leading role in showcasing these two fields nationally and to the world. Karasuma Oike Station on Kyoto Municipal Subway Karasuma Line and Tozai Line are the nearest stations. Heading north along Karasuma Street, you will find the Kyoto Imperial Palace, and on the west end of Oike Street, you will arrive at Nijo Castle. Since these two locations are just one station away, if you have time, how about taking a walk and enjoying the passing scenery of these streets?
around this site